Glorious revolution also called revolution of 1688 or bloodless revolution in english history the events of 1688 89 that resulted in the deposition of james ii and the accession of his daughter mary ii and her husband william iii prince of orange and stadholder of the netherlands. The glorious revolution of 1688 1689 replaced the reigning king james ii with the joint monarchy of his protestant daughter mary and her dutch husband william of orange it was the keystone of . In this new highly readable history of the glorious revolution of 1688 when james ii was supplanted on the english throne by william prince of orange and his english wife mary edward vallance challenges the view that it was a bloodless coup in the name of progress arguing instead that the revolution was a brutal protestant struggle to obtain power
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.